10.27.2011

Lush Haul... and restraint was shown!

Honestly, it had been a while since I bought something from Lush so this was kind of overdue. I have been a Lushie for a while now, but I stopped using most of their hand creams and moisturizers because I find that they don't penetrate the skin as well as other brands do.

With that being said, I still went in and purchased their eye cream. But every rule's gotta have an exception, right?



Pictured: Lush Enchanted Eye Cream (25.95 $CAD), Angel's Delight Soap (11.78 $CAD; 5.95$/kg)

I absolutely love this eye cream. When I first tried it, it was one of those products that I could actually feel working. At first, it leaves a tingling feeling on the eye - without being irritating - and it provides amazing results for hydration while reducing puffiness as well. It was recommended to me about three years ago, from a SA at Inglot and I have been using it ever since. It is kind of pricey, especially for a Lush product, but I feel that it really is one of the best cheaper eye creams out there.

Lush Enchanted Eye Cream - Return on investment: 75%

As for the Angel's Delight soap, it is a favorite of mine and since it is a LE holiday item, I had to get my yearly bar. I almost got Snowcake too, but for some reason it smelled like Play Dough in the store, which turned me off. I used it last year and it was fine, but will skip for now. Also, for those who previously purchased Angel's Delight, you'll notice that this year's soap is a lot more pink-orange and much less blue-purple, which I think is a bummer, because it was a lot prettier last year. As for Snow Globe, it smelled really horrible. I really love citrus smells, but this was way. too. much.

That's another thing about Lush, they might get a lot more people to try out their products if their stores weren't so smelly. I only stayed there for a few minutes because my nose was starting to overdose. So much for keeping clients in your store as long as possible... And marketing-wise, it's not a great thing if your clients leave with a bill AND a headache.

xoxo, MiMu

No comments:

Post a Comment