10.28.2011

Review: MAC Glitter and Ice Snowglobe Eye Shadow Palette in Sultry

When I went to the MAC Glitter and Ice launching event, I made a point to myself to have a list of what I was ''allowed to get''.  As I feel I already have enough eye shadows, and as I tend to wear the same ones everyday, I was pretty confident that eye shadows wouldn't even be on my radar.  

Obviously, things happened differently.  The MUA did a full face on me and she had to use eye shadows from the new collection.  So she used the Snowglobe eye shadow palette in sultry... and that's what I bought.


Of course the packaging is so pretty.  I've always been a silver girl rather than a gold girl, so I'm really drawn by this.  You can also move the palette and see the glitters move as if it were a snow globe (d'uh!).


It also comes with a mirror and a small 213 SE brush.


Pictured, from top to bottom, left to right: Lightfully, Fun!, Black Tied, Trax, Festive Delight and Shadowy Lady.


Here are some swatches on my pale NW15 skin.  The first picture is without a flash and the second one is with flash.  From left to right: Lightfully, Fun!, Black Tied, Trax, Festive Delight and Shadowy Lady.  Both swatches were made without a primer and show the eye shadows in their dry form.


It's almost impossible to see Lightfully on my NW15 skin.  I feel you have to layer it up A LOT and maybe wet it to get the color out of it.  For that reason, I think it's kind of a dud. I must've swiped the pan 7-8x for it to lightly show.

Fun! does shop up a little more, but I think this is the kind of color that you just must wear with a primer, otherwise it's gone within a few hours.  The color itself is very shimmery with very little fallout.  I'm impressed with this color and intend to use it a lot for a daily look.  It does remind me of a lighter less shimmery Half-Baked from UD.

Black Tied is a color that is perfect to put over eye liner for a smudged look.  It took about 2 swipes from the pan to reach a charcoal color, which is very good.  

The last three are definitely my favorite from the set.  They're the most pigmented and they're just gorgeous.  The MUA who did my makeup used them most and I must say the results were amazing.  I especially love how she used Festive Delight on the highest part of my crease (pictures below).  Shadowy Lady is the only matte one from the set and it is very pigmented, what you see up there is one swipe only.  



All in all, I'm very pleased about this purchase even though I felt I didn't need any more eye shadows at the moment.  The colors are just gorgeous and they make my blue eyes pop, which I love.  The palette is kind of pricey but it provides a whole array of looks and seems very versatile to me.  And with only one dud, it's definitely a great purchase.  I would recommend it most to ladies with blue or green eyes as Fun!, Trax and Festive Delight will show up beautifully.  
xoxo, MiMu



No comments:

Post a Comment