10.31.2011

Review: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack

I purchased this not too long ago (see my MAC haul post) because I was searching for an alternative for my beloved Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner.  I had good results with it, but the application was a pain, because the tip is so small.



Pictured: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (18 $CAD) and Sephora Angled Brush 22 (16 $CAD)

Because it's a gel eye liner it applies very easily.  Unlike a liquid eye liner which dries either almost instantly or has the chance to smudge on your lid before it dries, the gel liner really stays where you apply it.  Well, this brand anyway.

You do get an okay amount for the price, but it's much more about the quality of the product.


As you can see from my swatch, even though it's kinda blurry (sorry about that), it really is a deep black with a matte finish.  I really don't like shimmery eye liners, so this is perfect for a polished look.  I have pictures of it on me below, but be aware that these were taken 12 hours AFTER I've put on the liner.  So it really has amazing staying power. Again, sorry for my oily skin, it is the end of the day :3.  Also, you may notice that I'm not wearing any eyeshadow, so that means no primer as well, so again +1 for the long-lasting properties.



I feel I'm going to use this product A LOT and I'll go through my 18$ worth of product reaaaally quickly.  But really, I'm loving this.  I highly recommend and can't wait to try other colors.  It's perfect for a heavier hand or for tight lining.  Looove it. <3


xoxo, MiMu

No comments:

Post a Comment