10.28.2011

MAC Glitter and Ice Event and Haul

So today I had an appointment at my MAC store for the new collection Glitter and Ice launching event. I inevitably got a few things...

Pictured : MAC Fix+ (24 $CAD), MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (18$ CAD), MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun! (33 $CAD) and MAC Snowglobe Eye Shadow Palette from the Glitter and Ice Collection (45.50 $CAD).


As you can see, these products are from the regular collection.  They have been on my wishlist for a while now so it was nice getting them.

The MAC Fix+ is definitely something I'm looking forward to these days.  As a lot of you might experience, my skin tends to get a lot drier when there's a change in season.  I know it's been autumn for a while, but right now the weather we've been having here in Quebec, has just started to drop down to 5°C or so, so it's getting a lot colder these days.  I know this product is supposed to set your makeup and make it last throughout the day, but even the MUA herself told me it was better for hydrating and softening the cakey look our skin can have during season transitions.  

As for the MAC gel eye liner, I've been wanting to try a good gel eye liner ever since I experimented with the one in my Sephora 40-something eye shadow palette.  Obviously, the one in that set wasn't very high quality, but a lot of people have been raving about this one.  The MUA did put some on me and I have to say it does look fabulous.  Plus, it's really matte, which I love about black eye liner as I hate the shimmery glitzy look with dark liner.

About the bronzer... I'm kinda feeling meh about it.  I'm actually probably going to return it tomorrow.  It was an impulse purchase and I feel it is definitely way too dark for my skin tone and way too orange based to be a good contouring powder.  For reference, I have NW15 skin.

I will review the Snowglobe eye shadow palette separately, as I feel it deserves it's own post.  Soooo pretty.

The event itself was really amazing.  They had a huge snow globe and skaters who would dance around either in the globe or around it.  When I arrived they were dancing/skating to great pop dance songs in ethereal kind-of dance moves.  But about forty-five minutes after being there, they just looked pretty bored.  I guess putting on a show for 9+ hours a day isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Their makeup was gorgeous though, very shimmery and futuristic with lots of silver and white.  

xoxo, MiMu

No comments:

Post a Comment