10.27.2011

Sephora Haul... long time lemmings and frustration

Last of today's hauls: Sephora. Around two weeks ago I received my VIB status via email, saying that I could use a 10% discount for my next purchase. Of course, I had to print the email, which I didn't because let's face it, isn't everything supposed to be done electronically these days? Well because I didn't have the printed version of my coupon, I couldn't have the discount. The SA was very nice though, she did try to scan it from my iPhone, but who is she kidding, the scan is not going to pick up on that.

The thing is, it wouldn't bother me so much that I couldn't use it if I didn't have to use it by November 20th. Oh well, it'll justify another haul at Sephora before then. I wouldn't want to lose the 10% off, I did earn it after all.

Anyways, onto the purchases now. I was very good with my purchases. Nothing was bought on impulse and the two items purchased were on my wishlist for a while now: Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent and Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer.



Pictured: Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent (44 $CAD) and Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (25 $CAD)

As you may notice, my Smashbox primer is reaaaally small. Well that's because they were out of stock and there were only the sample sizes left. Frus-tra-ting. I figure 15ml is still going to last me a while though... and it will leave me plenty of time to find out whether this becomes a staple or not.

I'm really glad I got the LM setting powder too. I have read several rave reviews and can't waiiiiit to try it on. I love a matte look for my foundation and bronzer, but I do love shimmer with my blushes, highlighters and setting powder. Plus, the fact that this is supposed to be light-reflecting really appeals to me. It is pricey (44 $CAD) but I figure it's going to last forever.

I will post reviews of both of these items after a few usages.

Last frustration, I was saddened to find out that my Sephora doesn't sell Philosophy products anymore. The SA told me that all stores in Quebec wouldn't carry it, but I'm much more inclined to think that it's only sold in the US now. This really bugs me as I was looking forward to try Purity with my new Clarisonic Mia (which I will post a review of shortly). I guess I'll have to order it online. The ''non available in Canada'' thing is really starting to get on my nerves, especially when it seems for no apparent reason.

xoxo, MiMu


No comments:

Post a Comment