1.24.2012

Revlon Starry Pink/Popular : Story, Review and Swatches

Now, here is a little story I like to call ''How I went crazy about three Revlon nail polishes''.  It started innocently enough, I was browsing my favorite blogs when I stumbled upon swatches of Revlon's Expressionists collection.  I saw Facets of Fuchsia, Starry Pink and Blue Mosaic and fell in love with Starry Pink immediately.  I took a photo of the swatch with my iPhone and proceeded to the drugstore on my lunch break to buy that shade.  

Yeah right.

At first I was baffled.  Why didn't my two regular drugstores didn't have it?  They're downtown and they get a lot of stuff so why didn't they have this.  Would they receive it later on?  I was confused.  

I then started to do some research online, only to find out that these had come and gone at most drugstores.  The displays had been there for a mere week or two and then poof, gone.  

Obviously, being as bone-headed as I am, I went on a quest.  Last saturday during my lunch break I pillaged three drugstores, with no luck.  I braved very cold temperature (like -20 degrees people...) and lots of wind (so -25 degrees in reality), but came back empty-handed. 

The next day, I visited another drugstore during my break, still not finding these precious.  I then decided that after my work shift, I was going to take the bus and get off twenty minutes before my real stop, so that I could pillage two other drugstores.

The first one was a disappointment.  Not only didn't they have my pretties, but their nail polish selection was the worst.  I was starting to get annoyed with the whole thing and almost decided to go back home, thinking that this was a lost cause.  But if I've learned one thing from watching my boyfriend play countless hours of Skyrim, it's that you need to persevere even if it takes AGES TO DO THE SIMPLEST THING.  

So I started walking to go to the second drugstore on my route, which was a few blocks away.  But while getting there I saw another drugstore, which I hadn't thought of - because they usually don't have ANYTHING.  (Honestly it's amazing they're still in business because their inventory and deco really need to be spruced up.... anyways that's besides the point.)

And to my surprise, there they were.  The whole Expressionists display UNTOUCHED.  Actually it even had a little dust on it.  All shades were there.  So I picked up Starry Pink, Facets of Fuchsia, Blue Mosaic and Carbonite (only because it's a Chanel dupe - I don't even like the foil look anyway.... yeah that's marketing and branding right there).

So here is the beloved Starry Pink : 


This is with a flash indoors.  It's three coats over two coats of Essie Mademoiselle which is so sheer I honestly don't know why I thought of using it under Starry Pink.  Must've been some bubble to go through my brain at that point.  But isn't it prettyyyy?


This one is outside and honestly it makes me think of clouds.  When I was a kid I thought that clouds looked yummy, because I thought they were giant cotton candy in the sky.  So yeah cotton candy cloudy nails with glitter to boot, what better things in life can you ask for?  

Well that's easy.  My CPA title.  A Range Rover.  A trip to Egypt, India, Italy and Thailand.  A Miu Miu or Marc Jacobs handbag.  And the list goes on...

But still, a nice nail polish does it's job once in a while...

If you like those too you'll be happy to know that Revlon has added them to their permanent line.  The names will change though.

Starry Pink will become Popular
Facets of Fuchsia will become Scandalous
Blue Mosaic will become Radiant

Now only if I could find Whimsical...

2 comments:

  1. So, as I was reading your blog entry I was wondering to myself what was so special about these nail polishes... and then I saw the picture. Now all is clear! Purdy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right!? I can't wait to try Facets of Fuchsia too!

    ReplyDelete