1.24.2012

U JELLY? Sally Hansen Purple Pizzazz : Review and Swatches

Being a fan of creme finishes for their glossiness it was only a matter of time before I gave into nail polishes with a jelly finish.  You know, those super glossy nail polish that you HAVE to put three coats on because the first one is almost clear.  

The first jelly nail polish I ever set my eyes on was NARS Zulu.  The once elusive now not so elusive Zulu, but more on that later.  

In the more accessible range, here is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Purple Pizzazz, which I paid 2.99$ at Shoppers Drug Mart.  It seems nowadays that they're getting rid of A LOT of nail polishes because every drugstore has some brand on clearance.  Usually it's mostly duds that are left, but once in a while you see a little gem like this one.  


What you see up here is three coats in natural sunlight, well, it was cloudy but... you get the idea.  It's a jelly base that has some shimmer to it which makes it fascinating to look at.  I literally couldn't stop looking at it the other night and kept telling my boyfriend ''isn't it pretty?'', which obviously he didn't see LOL.

I know some people have trouble with jelly nail polishes because they tend to be streaky if applied incorrectly but this one was a breeze.  Very high quality for the price and definitely an unusual color.


Now here's a shot with the flash so you can see the shimmer I'm talking about.  I just loooove it.  It's very subtle and that's what makes it so lovely.  I hate shimmer that leans towards frosty or foil looks and this obviously isn't that.  

It's definitely one of my favorite right now and I'm sure I'll be wearing a lot this winter.  Do you like jelly finishes?  What are your favorite shades?

No comments:

Post a Comment