1.24.2012

OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui and China Glaze High Hopes: Review and Swatches

Urgh. So sorry. I've been a bad blogger lately.  You know, the Holidays and all that.  Another semester at school (will I ever be done with these?).  Anyways, no excuses!

Now, here to the good stuff.  Nail polish *___*

I've mentioned before on this post that I've ordered a few nail polishes from Nail Polish Supplies inc because they're one of the few sellers that deliver to Canada without ridiculous shipping prices.  I've played with my cart a few times and noticed that if I ordered 3 nail polishes I could get away with a 5.95$ shipping fee, which is very reasonable imo.

Here's two of the polishes I bought and tried : 



The first one is Suzi Says Feng Shui by OPI.  I can't remember the exact price, but it ranged from 4$-4.50$, which is very cheap compared to the 9$-9.450$ I usually pay in hair salons here.

This is two coats.  A lot of people love this shade so I was expecting to fall head over heels for this one, because I love blue nail polish so much.  But this color is really muted.  It does make it very fascinating and different, but when it just sits there with bad lighting (which is like 95% of the time) it's kinda bleeeh.  Also, I wouldn't try it on my toes as I feel it can give the dead feet look quite easily.




The second shade is High Hopes by China Glaze, which I paid 3.15$, yay!  It's a very pretty coral color and it does look prettier in the pictures than it does in real life.  I don't know if it's just me, but I'm always drawn to corals but they just don't go with my skin tone.  I feel Sally Hansen Instra-Dri Sonic Bloom - which I also have - might be a dupe for it and that one surely is easier to find in Canadian drugstores.  All in all it's a pretty shade, but I'm sure I won't be trying it again before I get a little tan (well... what I can get that is).

I'm really glad I found this seller because I've been mesmerized by the Up and Away China Glaze collection and their beautiful pastel and creamy shades and I've been able to get ahold of them real cheap!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment