1.25.2012

Dear Canada Post, why don't you love me anymore?

Now, you're probably wondering why I haven't posted my review of January's Glymm box yet.  

Me too.

I live near Glymm's shipping center.  So each time they give me a tracking number, within two days max, I get my package and can review the awesomeness of that little pink box.  

Well... not this time.  

I have been having the shittiest luck with Canada Post lately.  I'm currently expecting, as we speak, three packages:

1) January Glymm box (shipped on the 16th)
2) One high end nail polish (ordered on the 15th)
3) Amazon order for 3 nail polishes (ordered on the 10th) 

Each of these things are LATE.  Let's break them down separately.

1) January Glymm box

When this first shipped on the 16th I thought to myself ''yaaaay I'll receive it tomorrow or in two days at the latest''.  WRONG.  The delivery estimate was the 17th indeed so I should've received it a day after it shipped, like usual.  But the 17th came and still no box.  And the 18th and no box either.  On the 19th, I was impatient and since there had been no activity on my tracking number for two days I decided to contact Glymm's customer service via email.  They replied quickly enough and very kindly, but said that I had to wait a while longer before they could do anything since the package could still be on its way.

..............................

.....Yeah, I live like 30 minutes from you guys so 3 days to ship doesn't seem right... 

Anyways, I decided to wait still.

Then, on the 20th, I saw activity on my tracking number... in RICHMOND.  Which is in British Columbia.  Why the hell did my package travel all the way to the West Coast is beyond me.  Somebody must've screwed up at Canada Post.

Now it's the 25th and still nothing.  I don't know whether they'll be sending it back to Montreal or if the package is lost in Richmondland 'til it's destroyed.  Now Glymm won't send me a replacement box until they know what happens with my package, which I get but still find a little irritating.  

You see, all packages that have express shipping have an insurance of 100$, which is way more than the actual value of the box.  If my box is lost, Glymm can claim 100$ to Canada Post which they will get.  The second option is that they send me a replacement box, which I would receive within a day.  But if I do get a second box, it's like I've stolen 10$ from them.  Obviously I could refuse the original package, but I guess nobody is counting on the kindness and honesty of strangers anymore and I can't really blame them about that.  It's just a really frustrating situation because I don't know what the outcome will be yet.

And I kinda want my box, y'know?


2) Order I placed for nail polish on the 15th

I placed an order recently for one nail polish and it came up to 32$ with shipping.  Pricey I know, but when you'll see which one it is you'll see why!

When I browsed through the website I saw that orders are processed within 24-48 hours business days.  So because I placed my order on a Sunday I was expecting for it to be shipped either on Tuesday or Wednesday and receive it around Friday or even Monday at the latest.

Friday I still hadn't received my tracking number.  I emailed the company asking them if the item I had ordered was out of stock or if the delay was longer for Canadian orders.  They replied about five hours later with a tracking number and a delivery estimate, which was Monday the 23rd.  I was happy, I was finally getting a package next week.

So Monday I checked compulsively on the Canada Post website to see the updates on my tracking number.  I saw that my order was still in Ontario and that meant I would be getting it a day late.  I was a little angry because the delivery estimate was wrong once again and it had been delayed one day but I didn't think too much about it. 

The following day I checked again to see if my order was out of delivery and to my great surprise, I found that it was STILL IN ONTARIO and that the delivery date had been delayed ONCE AGAIN.  The package has been in Ontario for 5 days now (counting the weekend) and they still aren't forwarding it here.  If the delivery date changes once again I'm going to send a letter to Canada Post asking why they don't love me.  I seriously will.


3) Amazon order for 3 nail polishes

Like I said here and here before, I've often ordered from Nail Polish Supplies inc on Amazon.  The only thing that irks me is that they don't provide a shipping number because the packages are sent through regular mail so it's always a surprise to see when the packages actually arrive.

Amazon does provide a shipping estimate and I usually receive my order the first or second day within that estimate.

But guess what??

NOT THIS TIME.

The delivery estimate was between Friday January 20th and Monday January 30th.  So normally, I would've received my package either Friday or Monday.  But it's Wednesday morning now and still no package.  Why?  Because Canada Post hates me.  

This actually scares me a little because this package is sent from the US and it has to clear customs to make it to my house.  It's a 15$ order but still, I don't want it to go to waste.  


So yeah, that's about it.  I sure hope Canada Post finds a way to love me back like it did before because I'm going to be really angry if it messes with the shipping of my January's Luxe Box as well.  AND THEY DON'T WANT TO FEEL THE WRATH OF A WOMAN RIPPED FROM HER GOODIES - GOODIES SHE'S PAID FOR AND IS ENTITLED TO.

/rant

Well that felt good.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I often wonder if the tracking numbers we are given are either a blessing or a curse. Seems like I check the updates way too often and overanalyze them.

    ReplyDelete