1.24.2012

Doctor Flakie or How I Learned To Stop Wanting and Love the Dupes.

Let me preface this post by saying that I'm bad.  Like REALLY bad.  At a lot of things.  Things that require a lot of coordination like basketball (double dribble anyone?) or that require precision or arm strength (yeah I throw like a girl) or memorizing tax reliefs conditions for exams.  

But the thing I'm the worst at is willpower.  When I want something, I want it.  Badly.  You might argue that this is good because it drives me to accomplish stuff, well yeah, that too, but it does account for some STUPID DECISIONS.

A while ago flakies started popping up several places in swatches online.  With Finger Paints releasing a collection of flakies, they were all the rage.  Thing is though... they're only available at Sally's.  And not online, in store ONLY.  And guess what?  There are no Sally's here.  

So I ventured on ebay to try and find those precious Finger Paints flakies.  Yeah, bad idea.  The whole pack of them was 70$+shipping, when they retail for 5.49$ each.  If I had bought them - and I almost did, several times - I would have overspent by like at least 45$.  Like I said... STUPID DECISIONS.

Gladly, someone mentioned that Inglot had flakies as well... And I purchased two of them, which were 12$ each.  I picked the green one (203) and blue one (204), because I don't really care for multicoloured flakies or orange-toned ones (scandalous, I know).

Here are the results :  


Now.. isn't that GORGEOUS?  I must've looked at my nails all day that day LOL.  I layered it over Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out, which is my go to black as seen here.  Even though it is mostly a green flakie, you can definitely see some blue flakies in there :).  

Oh and this is one coat of flakies only, so it's a lot more pigmented than the Finger Paints flakies from what I've seen/heard.


A little pet peeve though.. can you see how SMALL this bottle is.  It's really halfway between a regular Essie bottle and a mini Essie.  That's how small the thing is.  But honestly, I've never EVER finished a nail polish (except blacks, base/top coats and treatments) so it's not like I think I will run out of this someday.  But still, for 12$ it's a little infuriating.


Lastly a close up pick to show the prettiness in all its glory.   

I'll try and post a matte flakies look 'cause those are GORGEOUS as well.  Much less tacky also imo... because let's face it, when you've been rocking these for 2-3 days, you do start to see them like a trend that you will look back on someday and say WHAT THE F*** WAS I THINKING?

What are your thoughts on flakies?

No comments:

Post a Comment