12.16.2011

BUTTAAAAHS : The New Revlon Lip Butters

So I'm pretty sure you've seen them or heard about them or even bought them.  The Revlon lip butters.  Om nom nom, BUTTAH!

I bought three shades.  This was actually the item that broke my no buy November, which I was very successful in - up until I saw the lip butters the 25th of November.  I was good for almost a month though ;).

You see, the US got them at least a month before we did.  Everything is always released weeks if not months later here in Canada.  

The first shade I bought was Cherry Tart, the one on the right.  I liked the consistency so much I went and purchased two other shades about 2 hours later.  



Pictured are Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie and Cherry Tart.  The packaging is classic Revlon, but I like that the lids are different colors depending on the shade so it's easier to sort 'em out.  


So here are the actual sticks.  The application goes on really smoothly, as you would expect from a product that has butter in its name.  They're creamy and oh so delicious.  They retail for about 7.99$ a pop and there's 20 shades total.  In my drugstore they had a display of the whole 20 shades, with only 2 lipsticks of each shade.  

So if you see 'em and you want 'em, HOLD ON TO 'EM.  Because they will be gone sooner than later.  They are a permanent line though so your drugstore will eventually have them in their permanent displays... but who knows how long will that take!


Here are some swatches on my pale skin, the set on the left is one swipe, whereas the right group shows three swipes to build up color.  You can see Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie and then Cherry Tart.  

Peach Parfait shows up nicely on the lips, it's definitely a MLBB shade.  It's very sheer and shimmery, like most of the butters.  Of the three I bought it's my least favorite shade.  

I actually bought it because of this...


She's supposed to be wearing Peach Parfait... well it sure doesn't look like that on me LOL.

Berry Smoothie is my kind of shade.  It's a plum shade that leans towards fuchsia.  It has great pigmentation and is on the cooler side, which I love.  It's my favorite shade of the bunch and I feel even though it's one of the more ''daring'' colors of this collection, it still has great wearability.

Finally, there's Cherry Tart.  I thought it would show up more red on the swatches, but it looks so close to Berry Smoothie, it's kind of hard to tell the two apart from the pictures. But you can see that it's more on the dark side, with more hints of red, but still looks very much like a plum lippie.  It's the most pigmented one.  I even had to tone it down a little when I first tried it on, because I was at work at the time.  

I don't think I'll purchase any more shades, because I got the ones I wanted, but it's a great formula that I recommend to everyone, especially lipsticks noobs.  The application is almost fool prof and the lasting power is not all that great so if you make a mistake it's not like your lips are stained all day.  

Points down for wearability because you need to apply every 2-4 hours.  Taste and smell is ok, definitely not a turn off or anything. 

Did you get some buttahs? 


Can you remember them saying : BUTTERRRRRRRRRR!





No comments:

Post a Comment