12.16.2011

November Luxe Box

So along with my Glymm box I've also got a monthly subscription for a Luxe Box.  It's a little pricier at 12$ a month, so my expectations are a little bit higher for this one, since for basically the same service they charge 2$ more.  


It comes in a very lovely black box.


And each box is customized with your name on it.  It's a nice touch :).  I'm just wondering how this affects their shipping efficiency though... is it really beneficial for them to do so?  Sure it differentiates them from the other subscription services out there, but cutting that would definitely cut their costs and make their production more efficient (I presume).  Oh well, we'll have to see if they eventually drop that personal touch as soon as their client base starts to grow.


Again, the first thing I saw when I opened my box was the Essie nail polish.  I love Essie. I think their colors are great, they make great nudes/pale colors and I love their cream finish!


The color I got was Absolutely Shore, a color from their summer 2011 collection that I had being eyeing.  It's a pretty pale mint green.  I unfortunately don't have swatches of it, but next time I put it on I'll definitely take some pictures for you guys! 

I already have Mint Sorbet from the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear collection so because of that I didn't originally purchase this shade because I thought they would look too similar.  I was wrong.  Mint Sorbet is a lot greener and brings out the yellow in your skin, whereas Absolutely Shore looks more like a pale whitish green nude color.  It looks a lot better on my NW10-NW15 skin than Mint Sorbet.  

This was a full size item in the Luxe Box so yay!  This alone almost paid for the 12$ box, as Essie nail polishes range from 8.99$ to 11.99$ in drugstores here.  


The second and third items I noticed were the two Benefit items.  I was a little bummed to see two items from the same brand.  But since it's Benefit it's not that big of a deal. So I had a facial exfoliator and a prep lotion/moisturizer.  I haven't used the exfoliator yet because my Clarisonic seems to be doing the job for me so it's sitting in my skin care jar, waiting to be used.


I've been using the moisture prep toning lotion for a few weeks now.  It's a good alternative to moisturizer.  I use it after toner and before makeup primer.  It has a watery texture and sorts of remind me of the Shiseido moisturizing gel-cream.  It smells really nice, it has a manly smell to it sort of - reminds me of the Eau Sauvage man fragrance by Dior - with lots of citrus accents.  I liked the product, but I wouldn't repurchase.  I didn't feel it added anything special to my skin, besides the scent - which fades away after a minute or two.


The last item from the box was kind of hard to see.  It's a glittery eye liner from Lise Watier.  A perfect item for the Holidays :).  


The consistency is perfect for what it is.  It's a little watery but that makes it really easy to apply where you want it and to layer the glitter to get the desired look.  One stroke will give you just a little glitter, but 3-4 coats will give you a black glittered line.  It's a great product! :)  I'm glad I got the black one though...


The brush is really pointy so it makes the whole application process easier.  Because I have a sample size it's kind of a pain in the butt to apply, especially with my huge thumbs, but that wouldn't be a problem with the full size product.

I won't repurchase this shade - or any of them - because I'm not much of a glitter fan, except for special occasions, and there aren't nearly enough special occasions to use it all up.  




As a bonus item I've received a tea (Cactus Fig flavoured - whatever that is) and some tea bags (lol).  Haven't tried them, probably won't, I'm not much of a tea drinker - except for Aveda tea which is oh-my-God-so-good.  But it's kinda pretty to look at, isn't it?  


I'll probably keep it for guests... does tea expire? lol

Overall I'm pretty happy with this month's box.  With Essie, eyeliner and Benefit, who wouldn't?  Can't wait to receive another one!  

*On a side note, I've heard of people getting some expired Moroccan Oil product in their November box.  Luxe Box said they will send out a compensation item in the December box for those people, but that the product was safe for use still.  This doesn't bother me as much as some people, who go crazy on expiry dates, but I find it funny that nobody knew the product was expired before sending it.  I'm not sure how their business model work, but I'm guessing companies provide them with free samples to have visibility for their products.  So somebody providing the samples from Moroccan Oil must have known. I also find it weird that not one employee looking at the bottles or overseeing the production chain noticed the expiry date.  At least they handled it well on the PR front, but you can bet subscribers will be angry if the additional product they receive as compensation is subpar.    

No comments:

Post a Comment