12.16.2011

A love for blush : Maybelline Dream Mousse Cream Blushes

A while ago during my Wal Mart haul I purchased a Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in Peach Satin.  At first I found the application a bit tricky because of the cream consistency but now I can say that I really love this blush.  A lot.

I love it so much that it's been my daily go to blush since!  It's perfect for every occasion and very subtle as a day to day blush for work or school.  I love it so much I've purchased a backup.

And then some.



They usually retail for 8.99$ (7.99$ at Wal Mart), but I got all of them on clearance for 3.99$.  It seems like they're clearing them out at several places because I saw them at 3.99$ and 4.99$ off at Jean Coutu and Shoppers Drug Mart.   

I got all the blush shades I could put my hands on so : Pink Frosting (10), Peach Satin (20), Soft Plum (40) and Cloud Wine (50).  They have some bronzer shades as well, but being so pale bronzers don't appeal to me all that much.


The texture is very creamy and it can be a little hard to work with, especially now that I've tried other brands of cream blushes, but I'll get to that in another post.  I use a small kabuki brush for application, but I'm sure a duo-fiber brush would work just as well.  I mostly use this kind of brush because a) it's exactly the size of the pot and b) they're quite dense and I like a dense blush application.   


So I swatched them all, of course. 

On the far left there's Pink Frosting.  It's a very pink shade with lots of shimmer in it.  I find it one of the hardest shade to work with.  It's just so... Barbie-ish.  You really need a light hand with this one.  It's sort of a really bubblegum lipstick kinda blush.  

After there's Peach Satin, my favorite shade.  A lot of people have been saying that this is a dupe for NARS Orgasm.  I don't have it so I can't say, but from swatches I've seen it really is similar.  It's a peachy shade with shimmer, but its shimmer is more natural than the one in Pink Frosting.  I'd say Peach Satin is a safe bet for most skin tones.  

Then there's Soft Plum which is significantly darker than the previous too.  But, with a light hand, this shade is really beautiful as well.  It's probably the one that has the least shimmer out of the bunch so when blended really well, it looks very natural and adds structure to the face effortlessly.  

The shade on the far right is Cloud Wine which has a deep brown undertone to it.  It's way too dark for my skin tone.  Wayyy too dark.  Even with a light hand it shows up a little muddy on me.  I can see it looking really pretty on NC40+ skin though!  But it's not for me, sadly!

I'm guessing these will be discontinued soon since I keep seeing them on clearance... will you pick some up?



No comments:

Post a Comment