12.20.2011

December Luxe Box

So I received my Luxe box this morning.  

Funny thing, I was in my bed you know, in my pajamas (ok no, in my underwear) and the bell rung.  I got out of my bed immediately and rushed to the door to let the mailman know I was there.  Because if he thinks I'm not there the package'll just go to the post office and I'll only be able to pick it up tomorrow.  So I rushed to the door to push the button to let him in (apartment, y'know) and told him from the top of the stairs ''well hum leave it there I'm kind of in my underwear...'' lol -__-.

Anyways, so yeah, I received my Luxe Box this morning.  


Same sleek black packaging as last month, it's so pretty. Inside there was a letter from the founders to thank us for making the box such a success. Probably must be related to the several complaints they've been getting on Facebook about their shipping.  Anyways, it's still nice of them regardless.  They even put a complimentary Loose Button chocolate for Christmas, which is cute.  Of course, Glymm had a 10$ off on their store AND Jelly Beans (as they do each month) but we're not comparing... are we?  


The first item I noticed was this Yves Rocher body wash.  Smell is mandarin (mandarine d'Italie in French). I don't know what's the difference between a mandarin and a mandarin from Italy but oh well. I love those citrus smells so I was really happy about that. It's a nice sample and it's a decent size.  I know some people said that they were really happy to get this since they don't have Yves Rocher stores close to their home, but here it's the complete opposite, Yves Rocher stores are pretty much in every shopping center. Still nice though.

Nail polish is China Glaze First Mate by the way. :)


The second item I noticed was the DDF Advanced Firming Cream.  This wasn't much of a surprise because Loose Button had sent us an email in the beginning of the month giving us the opportunity to choose between this eye cream and a hair product. I chose this firming cream because I'm already committed to a hair brand that I love, so I wanted this item instead.  

The texture is very creamy without being watery but still feels light enough to penetrate the skin.  Because of the out-of-this-world price point, I hope this isn't a miracle product.  At 140$ for 48g, this is something I just can't afford.  The sample size is 14g which is very generous.  I'm excited to incorporate this into my skin care routine, even though I'm still young and my skin doesn't have huge firming needs just yet.


The other two products were a little disappointing.  There was a NYX black pencil eyeliner that retails for 4$.  It is a full size product.  I don't know any women who doesn't own a black pencil eyeliner so this is a little disappointing.  A colored one would have been nicer.  Especially since nowadays makeup lovers mostly use gel, cream or liquid liners and the basic black pencil eyeliner just doesn't compare quality-wise.


It was still nicely pigmented though and really black, none of that almost smokey charcoal grey I pretend to be black black.  You can see a comparision swatch with my other black eyeliners here.


The two golden pockets contained two perfume sample vials.  These aren't deluxe perfume sample size like the La Parisienne sample Glymm box gave me this month.  Those two are regular handed out in department stores perfume samples.  Wanna know the worst part of it? They're half filled. So much for ''deluxe size'' samples.

The left one with the black top is 1 million by Paco Rabanne and it's a male fragrance.  It's really musky and powerful and I kinda like it.  I hope the boyfriend will like it enough to wear it.  Edited after: Well he won't wear it, says his grandfather has the same fragrance and that only *old* people wear it. 

The right one with the white top is Lady Million, still by Paco Rabanne.  It's, like the title says, a perfume for the ladies.  And... I... hate... it.  It's really powerful and its muskiness is overwhelming and headache inducing.  

So all in all it was an okay month, it's fine with me, I don't expect to have great months each month.  I just hope the next one is going to be a little better! Then again, last month's box was great so it's evened out now. So, what did you get in your Luxe Box and are you satisfied by it?

2 comments:

  1. The DDF cream isn't an eye cream, you should apply it on your face and neck but not around your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, for some reason I was under the impression that the product I was going to receive would be the Advanced Eye Firming Concentrate instead of the Advanced Firming Cream.

    Thanks for your input I'll change it in my review :)

    ReplyDelete