12.16.2011

November Glymm Box

November was the first month I received a Glymm Box.  It's a subscription service that sends out 4-5 deluxe sized samples monthly for 10$ a month.  

Here is what I received for the month of November:


The Glymm box comes in a really pretty pink glossy box.  I've actually kept this and used it for makeup storage ;).


The first item I spotted was inevitably the nail polish.  The brand is RGB and they retail for 18$ full size.  This was a full size item so the box pretty much payed for itself with this item.  I have to say, even though the packaging is really minimalistic - which I love for nail polishes - I wouldn't have been drawn to these polishes because their color selection is very - for a lack of a better word - boring.  They have creme mattes that seem very rich but not many of their shades have that instant love factor.  

The shade I received is the first shade from the collection, hence the #001 number, Red.  


I'm so glad I got to try this brand of nail polish.  The formula is one of the best I've ever worked with.  It's creamy, applies evenly, dries in a reasonable amount of time and is almost perfect after one coat only.  I did put two though.  So what you see up here is two coats with a base.

As you can see, there's a little chipping especially on my index and thumb.  This is because the picture has been taken FIVE days after application.  And can I just tell you that I do my dishes without gloves and that I scratch stuff off dishes recklessly.  So yeah, amazing wear.  

The picture doesn't do justice to the undertones of the polish, as I feel they are more brown-orange-warm than the neutral shade you see.  

At 18$ they are pricey, but if I ever see them on sale I would definitely think about purchasing another one!



 This month also had the Orlane light smoothing cream.  The full size (50 ml) of this retails for 80$ so it's definitely a higher-end cream.  I loved using it.  The sample size, that for the life of me I can't remember the actual size, lasted me for about a week and a half.  

It smelled really nice.  A little flowery but definitely not too much.  The consistency was heaven, it applied very nicely and didn't stay for too long on my skin before being absorbed.  

But I have to say that I didn't see a difference in my skin from using this than my regular extra virgin olive oil as a moisturizer.  So yeah, no repurchase for me.  But it was nice to try something else, especially something I wouldn't have purchased because of the price.



The other item I had was the Annabelle Smudge paint in Muddy, which is a rich warm bronze color.  This was a full size item as well.  The consistency is very creamy and applies smoothly.  The brush they provide is perfect for application, but you need to blend it with another brush if you're using it as an eyeshadow.  It can also be used as an eyeliner.  

Now this is another item I was happy to receive in my box.  I mean who would've tried that?  Can anyone say ugly 80s packaging?  It's in a card box, the print looks washed out, the color pictured on the package is far from the shimmery bronze in the pot and the font looks cheap.  

But..... it's perfect for a toned down smoky eye or for a light eyeliner.  I just love it.  At 10.95$ I'm definitely going to try other shades.  Plus, there's a lot of product so it'll definitely last a while.  This was my favorite product from the box :).  



Now I haven't tried that product yet.  Can you guess why?  BECAUSE IT'S SO DAMN SMALL. I put a comparison picture with a pepsi can just so you can see how small it is.  They say it's for one use only and I believe them.  

It's supposed to be miracle in a vial for puffiness and under eye circles and I can't wait to have an emergency situation to try it.  I mean at that size I really got to make the most of it don't I?  Because after opening it... it's gone!  And at 27$ for 7 vials, so 3.86$ a vial... no thanks.


The last product I received - and the one I was less excited about - was the Rahua shampoo and conditioner.  The reason I'm not excited about this is because I already have a brand of hair products that I love and that do so much good for my hair and I'm not in the mood for trying something else.  

I still tried them, mostly because I was sick of seeing the little samples on my vanity everyday.  The shampoo did lather nicely and have a pleasant smell but it didn't do much for my hair, it even seemed like it made it greasy about half a day earlier than with my regular shampoo.  The conditioner was nothing special as well, but it did have a creamy texture that was pleasant to apply, as opposed to drugstore conditioners that often have that watered down feel.

So yeah that's about it.  For my first month I was very impressed.  It was definitely worth the 10$ to me :)... what did you receive in your Glymm box?  



No comments:

Post a Comment